Proof techniques #2: Proof by Oddity.
SAMPLE: To prove that horses have an infinite number of legs.
(1) Horses have an even number of legs.
(2) They have two legs in back and fore legs in front.
(3) This makes a total of six legs, which certainly is an odd number of
legs for a horse.
(4) But the only number that is both odd and even is infinity.
(5) Therefore, horses must have an infinite number of legs.
Topics is be covered in future issues include proof by:
"Try it; it works"
Constipation (I was just sitting there and ...)
Changing all the 2's to _n's
Lack of a counterexample, and
"It stands to reason"
BBC News Direct Links
Aktier och aktiekurser
swebiz.com online directory
Aktieinformation - www.aktier.in
Semestertips och resor
Recept och matlagningstips
SweBiz at CNN
Aktier och aktiekurser at Indiatimes
Drug rehabilitaion and treatment information from REHAcenters
World News Online